Staff Writer/ Digital Content Manager
ProMotiv is looking for a highly enthusiastic, dynamic petrolhead who understands journalism, digital marketing and who can copywrite to an incredibly high, technical standard. We are looking for a star to join our expanding, excitable, PR team, in Nottingham, England working for some of the best brands in the business – like Subaru, Pioneer, Autoglym and Speedline to name but a few.
The Staff Writer / Digital Content Manager will be responsible for managing all brand communications through digital and print channels by providing content and reporting for a large portfolio of Automotive social media platforms across multiple clients. Responsible for setting up on-line channels, sourcing relevant content and developing brand presence. The applicant will also be able copy write on-line and off-line content for automotive products. This is a very diverse role, with extensive opportunity to learn new skills and truly immerse yourself in the best automotive brands. (You will also get loads of cool stuff for your car!)
- Develop on-line marketing strategy across social media platforms
- Review technologies and explore new developments in the digital landscape to find ways to more effectively deliver brand messaging and business objectives
- Work with the account management team and MD to plan and implement on-line marketing
- Write to a high standard, producing both product and technical features to magazine standard
- Engaging in project management duties to deliver projects activity on time
- Attending meetings with clients to discuss on-line and print strategy
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Event Coverage – real time social media updates
- Daily upkeep of client’s social channels
- Press Releases
- Basic working knowledge of photography for features and social media
- Basic knowledge of simple photo editing
- Chasing magazines to leverage editorial
Pre-requisites for this role
- The successful candidate will be a true car enthusiast, as knowledge of the car industry will be fundamental to the success of the role – you must have a knowledge of the scene/car shows/big brands in the aftermarket industry
- Natural interest in all things cars and motorsport – with a history of attending shows and events for fun – rather than because you have to!
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all things social media… be the oracle for the team and our clients so ProMotiv can continue to lead the way!
- Flexible working hours required to cater for exciting projects and events that may fall outside of ‘normal working hours’ (ie. Automotive events/photoshoots til 2am… Or the Nurburgring 24 hours!)
- Extensive knowledge of all social media platforms required and translation of reporting at client level
- Clean driving licence (we have access to some very nice cars)
- Living within sensible travelling distance from our South Nottingham HQ as this role is office based.
- Knowledge of photography, picture manipulation and basic editing will be a huge advantage for this role.
What this role can offer
- Unique access to the automotive world, events and multi-media
- Opportunity to work with some of the best brands in the automotive and lifestyle market
- Attend automotive events, working with some of the most exciting brands, and vehicles
- Travel and access to track activity
- Real career progression with a leading PR agency that has been at the top of its game for 14 years.
- A small, but perfectly formed, team of colleagues
- The chance to have real autonomy in your work
Reporting to the MD of ProMotiv and working alongside the account management team
9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday with flexible working around event/photoshoot/filming activity
Reflective of the abilities and experience of the candidate, between £24k and £28k
PLEASE SEND YOUR UP-TO-DATE CV AND EXAMPLES OF WORK TO firstname.lastname@example.org